Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Muttin Bustin

This was a new term to us, because you see this was our first rodeo. The county had their big fair and rodeo mid August and we went Thursday night for all the junior rodeo events. We had so much fun. The boys signed up for Muttin Bustin. Zane and I stayed in the stands and Boomer took them over to the shoots. Grant was all for it - he's the dare devil. Asa, on the other hand, was sitting on the sheep until the man came around to tell him to lay his belly down and "bear hug" him. Well, that was that he was off that sheep and Boomer said they just watched Grant ride. (If you want to call it that.) Now our camera is not quick enough to work for such an event. I had no idea it would go so quick! It was a riot. Anyway, both boys got ribbons and I think they had a really good time. I know I did.

Zane was sitting with all the pretty ladies. It made me laugh that they were all holding their cell phones. It made me laugh to think that everyone they knew (except maybe mama) was probably there at the rodeo! Zane was happy as long as he had his water bottle. I have no idea what that was about. Kids this age tie on the some strange things! But, hey man, whatever works, right?!?
Saturday we went back to a special show for the kids all about milk and cattle. It was really interesting and I was surprised that they wanted to stand there any watch the entire presentation. Zane and Daddy stayed at home for nap time.
We went into the junior stock show so the boys could see the teenagers showing their cows. I'm probably saying some things wrong, so you country folk, be easy on me. Grant is already planning what animal he wants to have for his 4H club. We learned he could get into that when he's 9.

1 comment:

Judy Bean said...

Hey Grant....which animal do you want to show when you are old enough to join 4-H?
...Love you, Granny