Thursday, October 2, 2008

Going Up Again

Well, we're heading back up to stay with my mom and visit my father in ICU for the weekend. He is pitching some serious fits still ... not a good patient. He has been in ICU a week today and his x-rays still show no improvement. He is still responding to the medicine and weening off of the bi-pap machine down to just the nose cannula and small oxygen mask, but is getting so weak. He doesn't like their bi-pap machine and keeps trying to take it off! But it's what he needs so he's going to have to adjust to it. Unfortunately. I'm looking forward to seeing him for myself so I can see how he's doing without having to hear about it from someone else. Mom is really excited to see the boys and I'm thankful that Boomer is coming with us so I don't have to do the driving or handle all of this alone. I'll update you in a couple of days. Please pray for his lungs to clear, him to be cooperative and for God to speak to his heart.

1 comment:

Amy Godknecht said...

Sonja we are praying for your father and your family. Hope everything turns out well. Thank you for the prayers for Autumn. Amy G.