Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fire, Water and Fun

My parents came for a visit this holiday weekend. It was so nice to see them again. They boy's were beside themselves with excitement. The guy's worked outside much of the weekend while mother, Zane and I stayed in to catch up. Sunday morning on the way to church we saw some neighbors with a burn pile so we drove by city hall to read the public notice board. Sure enough, the county burn ban was lifted ... "burn with caution". Boomer was so excited to have his first fire. He mowed a nice circle between the two water faucets and hooked up the two hoses. Got out the lawn chairs and gave Papa and Grant instruction for watering the surrounding area while he brought in the brush. It burned all day Monday. I was concerned about the boys going to sleep on a school night with their grandparents here, but they were so worn out from being outside all day they fell right to sleep. Well Grant did anyway, Asa always takes a few warnings. :) Bonfires and marshmallows at our house this winter!


Oh, and one of the best things is that we got a date night. It was so nice Sunday evening Mom and Bill stayed here with the boys while Boomer and I went back to church for 5th Sunday Singing. I had more fun singing than I can say. We were all in the Family Life Center seating in concentric circles. It was so nice. We sang more songs than I can count right now. We then went out to dinner and tried out the local seafood place. And what date would be complete without a visit to your local Wal-Mart. haha

1 comment:

Ledbetter Fam said...

Okay, Sonja, I've had so much fun catching up on your life! Your boys are so incredibly BIG now! I cannot believe it. We miss you guys so much! It looks like you guys are doing well and having so much fun. Congratulations on boy #3. I didn't even know that you had another one. That was SO exciting to see.

Juli Beth