Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Newbie


Well here we go ... I've been thinking about starting a blog since we moved out of the metroplex. We'll see how this goes. Be patient with me as I'm on a learning curve with this site. Actually our entire family is on a major learning curve since we've moved out here. After spending all my life in the burbs with every shop known to mankind within a 10 minute drive, I have to plan, plan, plan!

You know you're out in the country when ...

... your son goes out to check the mail and cuts his finger on a piece of glass. Then in his cute little voice he says, "Now I know what glass does."
... you have scorpions in your house the pest company says everyone in your city just leaves their house unlocked for them to spray.
... you have to watch out for chickens in the road.
... you have to watch for turkeys in the road!
... people know the owner of the land you purchased, not the address.
... you can call city hall and they know you by first name, no account numbers necessary.

I already love it here.

1 comment:

Amy said...

yeah! i am so excited to read all about you new country adventures!!
Amy